The DigiCon is organizing its second annual conference entitled ‘Constitutionalization in the Digital Age’, which will take place on the 21-22nd November 2022, at the European University Institute/hybrid. We want this conference to be as informal and engaging as possible, keeping to the spirit of dialogue and mutual friendship of our last event.
Key areas of interest
We welcome submissions dealing with any topics within the potential and the limits of constitutionalist approaches to the challenges of the digital age.
Potential topics for submissions include:
- The fundamental rights impacts of specific digital technologies;
- Internet governance as a constitutional challenge;
- The roles of executive, legislative, and judicial institutions in the digital age;
- The application of established constitutional principles to digital contexts;
- Legal approaches to constrain the exercise of private and public power through digital means;
- Solidarity rights and collective rights in the digital age;
- Science fiction and constitutional imaginaries of the digital age.
How to apply
Please submit your expression of interest in participating by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with 1) curriculum vitae; and 2) a short blog post (1000–2000 words) on a topic within the scope of the conference, until the 30th September.
The authors of the selected blogposts will be invited to join the conference, which will take place in person/hybrid at the European University Institute. Selected authors may be invited to publish their posts at The Digital Constitutionalist (www.digi-con.org) after the conference.